Welcome — so pleased you made it to my mad yet inspiring, creatively motivated, power-up tea party! Read the full intro here…there’s cake and tea involved!
I don’t think you should be denied all my free e-books and other inspiring paraphernalia…so hop to it and subscribe NOW
What have you been missing out on all these years? You’d better take the tour…go on — I’ve made it easy! See how I can be of service…
Right…now that we’re better acquainted — you can start reading the fresh, hot-off-the-press, exciting blogs below:
Doors Are First Impressions!
Have you ever pondered how one of the first things you see about a person’s home is their front door? I have and that’s why I decided to undertake painting the glass window of our front door (photo’s are at the end of this blog).
Not only does it add some fabulous colour to the inside and outside of your home but it also lends an aspect of privacy (I don’t want any strange faces peering in on me in the night, thank you very much!).
Do’s and Do Not’s of Stain Glass Painting
I used the Dala range of glass paints which are fairly inexpensive. I also used the gold glass paint liner to do the initial drawing work. You’ve got to let the liner fully dry before attempting to add the colour. The liner acts as a container to the glass paint.
Remember that what you are painting is immediately seen on the flip side. In other words, whatever you put down first is what will be seen on the outside. There is no such thing as layering (like in oils and acrylic painting). So think very hard about what colours you want before you apply as there is not going back.
If you are adding writing, you’ve got to write backwards (as in the mirror effect — something I learnt the hard way!).
The first time I attempted stain glass was at our previous house where the glass was already in place. It was a nightmare as you are supposed to paint the glass on a flat surface not standing uprights — glass paint is watery and runs like crazy.
So this time, I was savvy and just after cutting the Perspex (decided it would be better than glass) I laid it flat and began my painting…here are the photo’s I took of the process:
Here is the door without the Perspex (there is some plastic keeping the draft out). See how drab it looks? And anyone can peer in leaving little privacy.
Here is my make-shift work bench as I try to attempt my first Perspex cutting adventure. Cutting Perspex ain’t easy but I got there in the end. I reverted to using a jigsaw coupled with a hand-held saw for the more ‘finicky’ bits.
Here is the work in progress. As you can see, it needs to be laid out flat so you can easily apply the very runny glass paint. The thick gold liner holds the paint in place so don’t forget to close off all gaps in your design or the paint will run out.
This is the finished product! This is taken from the outside looking in which shows off the design more like a painting (in the next photo you’ll see that the painting takes on a different quality from the inside).
I hope you enjoyed being a fly on my wall. I’m hoping to do a few blogs about home improvements, etc, so do stay tuned!
Other blogs you may enjoy:
- Shining a Light on Sensuality and Sexuality
- Why Creativity Leads to Universal Expansion
- 3 ‘Dark’ Lessons Darth Vader Can Teach Us!
- Why Nothing Truly Matters!
- 3 Factors in Every Human Awakening
- Reality Check: Disempowering Facebook Quotes that Lead to Waiting for ‘Soul Mate’ Reunions
- Do You Believe in Magic?
- How Do You Follow Your Bliss? (YouTube Video)
- Creative Expression Brought to Life on Youtube (Watch for Free)
- Why You Should Start Loving Money Today!
- Why Rejection Can Be Our Saviour
- Warning: 4 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Venus Fly-Traps
- Why We May Be Feeling Disenchanted
- How to Paint Rhino’s and Evoke Protective Spells
- The Universe is Abundant, Why Aren’t You?
- How to Use the Void to Manifest
- Creating an ‘African’ Statement for the City that Never Sleeps!
- Astonishing Ways to Make Your Home Look Like a Luxury Retreat
- Feel Like a Rug Has Been Pulled Out From Underneath?
- Earth Day Sparks Off ‘Green’ Boutique
- Celebrate This Earth Day By Playing The (God)dess Game
- How to Resolve a Loved One’s Passing
- It’s About Time This Blog Was Written!
- Do You Want Something to Change in Your Life?
- How to See Divinity in Living Colour
- Can Music Jump-Start Humanity’s Awakening?
- The Tree of Life — Can You Relate?
- What on Earth is a ‘Chaoskampf Demiurge’? You Seriously Need to Know This!
- Rock Art Painting no. 6 — Templeton: The Photographic Process and Grand Reveal!
- A Sneak Pictorial Peek at Painting no. 6 in the Rock Art Series
- 7 Tips on How to Market Your Art From Behind Your Desk
- Can We Really Live Without Money? The Answer May Surprise You…
- Valentines Day Digital Art — See How It’s Done in Under 3 Minutes! You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is…
- 2 Quick Little Pep-Me-Ups
- 3 Ways to Alchemize Chaos
- 10 Reasons Why I Don’t Care Anymore and Neither Should You
- De-Stress with Free Colour Therapy for You and Your Family
- What Popped Up in a Guided Meditation About 2014…and How it Coincided With Plato
- 8 Pointers You Need to Know When Self-Publishing Your Book
- Are You Living with an Addict?
- 2014 — The Year to Sculpt Your Life!
- Ho Ho Ho and a Show of Pearly Whites!
- The 44 Second Example to Feeling Better
- Why You Should Strive to be a Nobody
- What Are You Waiting For?
- 5 Ways to Tune into a HD Quality Life
- Here’s Your Crown — You Are Sovereign!
- Herstory — An Intriguing Account
- Why You Need to Pay Attention to Synchronicity Now!