Welcome — so pleased you made it to my mad yet inspiring, creatively motivated, power-up tea party! Read the full intro here…there’s cake and tea involved!
I don’t think you should be denied all my free e-books and other inspiring paraphernalia…so hop to it and subscribe NOW
What have you been missing out on all these years? You’d better take the tour…go on — I’ve made it easy! See how I can be of service…
Right…now that we’re better acquainted — you can start reading the fresh, hot-off-the-press, exciting blogs below:
Country Bumpkins Make Good
See photo journal at the end of blog!
Well, we’re 2 months into our ‘country move’ and loving it. We (Mike and myself) started running out of our renovation fund within about 2 weeks of our move — which was, to say the least, unsettling.
We had to come up with cost-effective solutions and fast!
In an attempt to continue with our plans on the cheap, we decided to erect (and design) our own fence and gate. This was no small task as neither of us are exactly carpenters or builders. However, we both have a bit of artsy fartsy in us, so….
The Natural Look
We wanted a front fence and gate that blended in with the garden. The plan is to eventually grow something nice and smelly, like Jasmine, all over the fence. So we just needed a structure for now.
We sourced a local genius who makes 2m long fences out of branches and that looked really stunning, so we ordered enough lengths for the job (it worked out to roughly $20 per fence and we needed 10).
So, no, we didn’t make the fencing ourselves but we did erect it.
We then sunk our own wooden poles (a job I would wish upon no-one as we had to dig half a meter holes — 10 thereof — and we hit bedrock at about 10cm!). We then attached the fencing to the poles.
The property is on a slope — so that was also challenging.
We had to raise the fence slightly off the ground so it wouldn’t rot and I neatly packed slate stone at the bottom for it to rest on and because it looked nice! ;)
The Gigantic Task of a 4.6m Gate
We were, at this point, really happy with the fence but we needed a gate to finish off the look and to secure the yard for Purdy (our little tortoise-shell kitty). The budget was dim and we needed ideas fast.
I ordered some wood from the local co-op and built the frame for the 2 gates (2.3m per side) and we got to work filling it in with repurposed materials.
I used some wood from my empty stretcher frames (from my paintings that were rolled and sent went sold) and some reeds that my in-laws said we could use that were just lying about their garage. I also had some metal sheeting tucked away in my studio for a rainy day and it was storming outside! lol…
Well, instead of me going on and on about the process…let me show you how it all took shape:
Other articles you may enjoy:
- 6 Essential Steps to Manage Stress
- Reusable Art for a Dollar!
- Seriously, Did You Really Need to Say That?
- Get Your FREE Copy of ‘Divine You’ Today!
- How to Paint a Quick and Easy Stain-Glass Effect
- Shining a Light on Sensuality and Sexuality
- Why Creativity Leads to Universal Expansion
- 3 ‘Dark’ Lessons Darth Vader Can Teach Us!
- Why Nothing Truly Matters!
- 3 Factors in Every Human Awakening
- Reality Check: Disempowering Facebook Quotes that Lead to Waiting for ‘Soul Mate’ Reunions
- Do You Believe in Magic?
- How Do You Follow Your Bliss? (YouTube Video)
- Creative Expression Brought to Life on Youtube (Watch for Free)
- Why You Should Start Loving Money Today!
- Why Rejection Can Be Our Saviour
- Warning: 4 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Venus Fly-Traps
- Why We May Be Feeling Disenchanted
- How to Paint Rhino’s and Evoke Protective Spells
- The Universe is Abundant, Why Aren’t You?
- How to Use the Void to Manifest
- Creating an ‘African’ Statement for the City that Never Sleeps!
- Astonishing Ways to Make Your Home Look Like a Luxury Retreat
- Feel Like a Rug Has Been Pulled Out From Underneath?
- Earth Day Sparks Off ‘Green’ Boutique
- Celebrate This Earth Day By Playing The (God)dess Game
- How to Resolve a Loved One’s Passing
- It’s About Time This Blog Was Written!
- Do You Want Something to Change in Your Life?
- How to See Divinity in Living Colour
- Can Music Jump-Start Humanity’s Awakening?
- The Tree of Life — Can You Relate?
- What on Earth is a ‘Chaoskampf Demiurge’? You Seriously Need to Know This!
- Rock Art Painting no. 6 — Templeton: The Photographic Process and Grand Reveal!
- A Sneak Pictorial Peek at Painting no. 6 in the Rock Art Series
- 7 Tips on How to Market Your Art From Behind Your Desk
- Can We Really Live Without Money? The Answer May Surprise You…
- Valentines Day Digital Art — See How It’s Done in Under 3 Minutes! You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is…
- 2 Quick Little Pep-Me-Ups
- 3 Ways to Alchemize Chaos
- 10 Reasons Why I Don’t Care Anymore and Neither Should You
- De-Stress with Free Colour Therapy for You and Your Family
- What Popped Up in a Guided Meditation About 2014…and How it Coincided With Plato
- 8 Pointers You Need to Know When Self-Publishing Your Book
- Are You Living with an Addict?
- 2014 — The Year to Sculpt Your Life!
- Ho Ho Ho and a Show of Pearly Whites!
- The 44 Second Example to Feeling Better
- Why You Should Strive to be a Nobody