I was so delighted to open up my mail the other day to find this message:
“Dear Cherie, I have been following your blog for several months and find your posts always filled with meaning. They always make me think beyond my usual thoughts and bring me new and inspiring ideas. Your blog is created with love and honesty, and is extremely well-written! For this reason, I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award!”
Thank you so much to the blogger of lOveOutlOud for the nomination. Here is a beautiful quote from the Love Out Loud blog ‘About Me’ section that, I think, encapsulates the wonderful message that is being put across through this inspiring site:
“…Love is the most important thing on earth, yet we rarely mention it, we often forget to show it and a lot of us never listen to it. Some don’t even believe in it at all! Love makes the world go round; it’s an invisible force that brings us our best moments in life.”
It is a blog full of heart and soul, a positively inspiring and uplifting read! Don’t forget to check it out HERE.
After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, the winner must:
1) Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass this award along to 15 blogs.
Right, now to divulge these 7 tasty things about me…here it goes:
1. I love to hula hoop (yes, the ‘inner child’ will out!).
2. Back in the late 90’s early 00’s I was the bass guitarist in a band called ‘The Bends’. I guess it will go without saying, that one of my favourite bands is Radiohead (our band was named after their second album).
3. My first book took 5 months to write (Divine You — Redefining Love in the New Earth). I started it In June 2010 and finished it in November 2010.
4. I have a double jointed pinky (small finger) and love to whip it out at parties to freak people out.
5. I grew up watching Star Wars and I love Science Fiction.
6. My parents wanted a boy so badly after having 3 girls, that they pre-named me Jason. Of course, they had the decency to rename me Cherie when I was born.
7. I married my school sweetheart and never looked back! :).
Right, now that I have aired out my not-too-dirty linen to the world, I feel a lot lighter.
I would like to nominate the following blogs/sites, in no particular order, that I find interesting, informative, creative, inspiring, entertaining, uplifting, helpful or just innovative.
Watts Up With That? — “The world’s most viewed site on global warming and climate change”
Daily Good — “News that inspires”
Templeton — “Ambient Rock”
Peas and Cougars — “If real life were a cartoon, I would be a triangle, which is probably better than being a square.”
RiseEarth — “Only together we can make a difference”
Life Lift — “The Oprah blog”
Ellis Vidler’s Unpredictable Muse — “Thoughts on writing, grammar, the moon, andfriends–whatever comes up.”
The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and beyond — “2012 and Earthchanges News events”
The Chopra Center Blog — “Balance. Heal. Transform”
Awesomely Awake — “Honoring the sacred moments of motherhood, writing and life.”
Sandrine Pelissier’s Blog — “Watercolour, Acrylic, Mixed Media, Demos, News and Juried Competitions”
Love and a Six-Foot Leash — “One family’s quest to open minds, win hearts, and save lives through dog fostering.”
Sarah Forshaw’s Blog — “An aspiring photographer’s journey through life.”
I hope you get to explore all the sites/blogs above and find something new, funny and/or exciting!
Thank you so much for this award. I will be FINALLY responding soon on my About me page. Honored to be included here.
Thanks, we’re so flattered to be included!!
Only happy to have you on the list, love your blog! xxx
Thank you so much for the award!
I grew up loving Star Trek and Fantasy, which practically makes us cousins!
Hello cousin! Yes, Star Trek was also a biggie in our household back in the day 🙂 Where would the world be without a little bit of fantasy? 🙂
Thanks for the nomination, I will be browsing your selection of blogs, looks interesting!
It’s a pleasure — I really enjoy your blogs and wish you a lot of success xxx
Thanks for sharing – freaky finger chic!
And, for steering me into the direction of some great informative sites….
Lol…I hope you enjoy exploring them 🙂