Move Over Moses!
If you had a time machine, what would you go back and tell your younger self? What important advice could you give your child right now?
For me, I’d chisel these 5 things onto a stone tablet (just to be sure it would hit home) and hand it to Cherie the youth:
- Conforming is nuts, weird is way cooler — Don’t try to be who you are not. Everyone wants an original not a copy — thinking out of the box is not even good enough…heck, burn the box! Most people who truly make it in this life have brought something truly unique into the world. If non-conforming get’s you the nickname ‘weirdo’, wear it with pride and read this article to prove how spectacularly awesome being weird is: Why Being Weird is Unusually Cool!
- Don’t take things personally — Being young certainly came with inadvertently taking on the opinions of our peers and family. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and tastes but there is no ‘blanket’ rule over what the truth is as there are over 7 billion different perspectives on earth right now. You’re never going to have universal appeal so be happy with the unique you. Read more about throwing out things that don’t serve you here: 8 Tips on How to Stop Caring What Other People Think of You
- Don’t hold a grudge — to forgive literally means to release from a debt. If only I had known back then that to hold a grudge means extra baggage for you! Read related article: Want to Live Longer?
- Make good choices — our choices define who we are more than our abilities (paraphrasing here from J.K. Rowling’s character, Dumbledore, from the Harry Potter series). We make big and small choices daily and, let’s face it, those choices carry weight as they affect our lives. If you take a tumble from the bandwagon, there is always a solution to any given problem — that’s if you are quiet enough to hear the innate wisdom that is always inside your heart (read related article: How to Use Your Heart Wisdom). Life doesn’t just randomly happen to you if you take responsibility for your choices — good and bad.
- Your thoughts are uber powerful! — How utterly cool would it have been to know — back in the day — that your thoughts are the catalyst (along with your feeling frequency) to manifesting whatever you want in your life!?! Damn, all the things I could’ve done with the Law of Attraction in my youth…alas. Good news is, it’s never too late to start taking the bull by the horns and direct your life with new thoughts and feelings that serve you (instead of work against you). It’s truly incredible that you can do or be anything you want to be by aligning your feelings with where you want to be or with what you want to achieve. Read related articles here: LOA – Aligning with How You Are Feeling, LOA – Are You an Accident Waiting to Happen?, LOA – Baby Steps That Snowball! and LOA: Getting Ready to Manifest the Best 2017 Possible!
I hope you enjoyed the list — what advice would you have imparted to your younger self?
Other articles you may enjoy:
2 Things People in Relationships Forget About that Lead to Disaster
Zombie Apocalypse: Avoid ‘Team Walking Dead’ with these Simple Tricks
If You Love Trees, You Simply Can’t Miss Out on This New Painting!
Cherie Roe Dirksen is a self-empowerment author, multi-media artist and musician from South Africa.
To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com. Get stuck into finding your passion, purpose and joy by downloading some of those books gratis when you click HERE.
Her ambition is to help you to connect with your innate gift of creativity and living the life you came here to experience by taking responsibility for your actions and becoming the co-creator of your reality. You can follow Cherie on Facebook (The Art of Empowerment — for article updates). She also has just recently launched her official art Facebook page (Cherie Roe Dirksen – for new art updates).
Cherie posts a new article on CLN every Thursday. To view her articles, click HERE.
Pingback: How to Play the Game | Cherie Roe Dirksen
Pingback: Don’t Let Control Issues Ruin Your Life | Cherie Roe Dirksen
Pingback: The Scary Truth About Our Subconscious Programming | Cherie Roe Dirksen
Pingback: Why You Should Ask Only Once | Cherie Roe Dirksen