Turning Music into Art and Feeling
To recap on the last video blog (New Concepts: What Does a Bach Masterpiece Look and Feel Like? (Video Included)) CLICK HERE.
This week I tuned into another one of my all-time favourite composers, Claude Debussy.
The feelings that came up after listening to Debussy were:
- Fluidity and
Sampling Tasty Meanings
Other words that describe ‘whimsical’ are fanciful, mischievous, fantastic, excitable, unusual, impulsive, curious, mercurial and ‘quicksilver’ (meaning ‘fluid’ — curious indeed as that is one of the words that came up whilst doodling to the music!), changeable, unpredictable and kaleidoscopic (what an awesome word!).
Don’t you just love the tone and feel of those words?
It tends to transport one to childhood — those days spent in the sun, exploring the garden and being in awe over the smallest ant to the splendiferous veins of a leaf.
It’s little wonder that the drawing that transpired whilst listening to Debussy was a tree and garden (the whole start to finish process video is below).
The Importance of Play
The overall effect I got from the enchanting sounds of Debussy was expressing the fun aspect of the self — the inner child.
How can we tap into our neglected mini me?
Try incorporate more:
- Time in nature — go for walks, swim in streams, run barefoot in the sand, hike, climb mountains, get creative in the garden.
- Be playful — dance like no-ones watching, play board-games, build sandcastles on the beach or mud-pies in the garden after a good downfall! Get your hands dirty and put being an adult on the back-burner.
- Laugh more — have a good belly wobble as often as you can EVERY day.
- Be creative — make things, experiment, colour in, let the inner artiste loose!
- Be curious — don’t think you know everything. Study new things, take courses, try more classes. Never give up on the wonder of the world.
- Listen to Debussy! — apparently he helps with drawing out all of the above! 😉
Now it’s time to sit back and watch Debussy transform into art.
And here is the art therapy colouring-in page for you to download (click on the picture below and right-click to save):
Other articles you may enjoy:
New Concepts: What Does a Bach Masterpiece Look and Feel Like? (Video Included)
Get Me OUT Of Purgatory! The Emotions Behind the Nirvana Painting, ‘Cold Burn’
Misery Tamed With Mercy Meets My Massive Canvas (Photo’s Included)
What Artistic Genius Are You Going to Give This Colour Therapy Picture?
Pingback: Plot Twist! 3 Things You Desperately Need to Know About Game Changes |
Pingback: How Balanced Are You? |
Pingback: The Greatest Task That Lies Before the Awakened Human Being |
Pingback: 10 Spiritually Provocative Quotes From David Bowie — No.7 is Something We Should All Ponder! |