I grew up on the Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass books and have an almost voracious appetite for Lewis Carroll’s wit and insanely insatiable wisdom. I know I’m not alone in my fondness for all things rabbit-holy (pun emphatically intended!).
So, let’s tumble into Wonderland with some provocatively crazy quotes from Alice’s adventures that can actually shed some clarity on our insane existence:
- “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” This has got to be my favorite ’cause it implies that you create completely outside of the box. This is ‘get your ass out of the matrix’ kind of thinking and I like it! Read related article: 6 Impossible Things To Do Every Day
- “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?” Oh wow, isn’t this a cracker? It’s really getting out of your own way and stepping out of duality. Read related articles: Don’t Be a Slave to Duality and Why Nothing Actually Matters.
- “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” This one is self explanatory and has a lot to do with ego-trappings and nasty judgments. Let other people get on with their lives and you get on with yours. Read related article: 4 Reasons to Entice You to Quit Drama
- “Alice:How long is forever? White Rabbit:Sometimes, just one second.” Time is relative, let’s face it. And, sometimes, when we are with our relatives one second could be a lifetime 😉 Read related article: Dangerous Illusions: Why Time Should Be Replaced
- “Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don’t much care where.
The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn’t much matter which way you go.
Alice: …So long as I get somewhere.
The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you’re sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.” To me, this wreaks of not being in the drivers seat. In other words, not taking responsibility for creating your life and just letting life happen to you. Read related article: 1 Resounding Block That Prevents People From Realizing Their Destiny — Are You Feeling It?
- “I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.” This is classic. We are constantly zipping in and out of parallel dimensions and becoming completely new people literally billions of times a day (or something like that). Every new thought/decision we make creates a new timeline and a new you.
- “We’re all mad here.” And if you argue with this you are clinically insane! lol…it was Eckhart Tolle who said we are ‘living in an insane society’ and I tend to agree wholeheartedly with him.
- ‘Curiouser and curiouser’ This invokes the inner child to come out and play. Take time to stop and smell the roses, gaze at a rainbow, engage in conversation with strangers (if you’re old enough) and take the road less traveled — curiosity is what opens up possibility.
Well, that’s it for now. I hope you enjoyed these quotes as much as I enjoyed compiling them! If you have a favorite, please let me know in the comments below. If I’ve skipped your favorite quote, please also feel free to copy and paste it into the comment section — I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks to Venngage Poster Maker for making the beautiful visual below (don’t forget to pin it!) 🙂
Other articles you may like:
Have Your Devices Got You Hooked?
How to Become the Observer of Reality
Cherie Roe Dirksen is a self-empowerment author, multi-media artist and musician from South Africa.
To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com. Get stuck into finding your passion, purpose and joy by downloading some of those books gratis when you click HERE.
Her ambition is to help you to connect with your innate gift of creativity and living the life you came here to experience by taking responsibility for your actions and becoming the co-creator of your reality. You can follow Cherie on Facebook (The Art of Empowerment — for article updates). She also has just recently launched her official art Facebook page (Cherie Roe Dirksen – for new art updates).
Cherie posts a new article on CLN every Thursday. To view her articles, click HERE.
This article (8 ‘Alice’ Quotes That Are Profoundly Spiritual) was originally written for and published by Conscious Life News and is published here under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author Cherie Roe Dirksen and ConsciousLifeNews.com. It may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this Copyright/Creative Commons statement.
Pingback: Positive Thoughts Work |
Pingback: How to Find the Perfectly Balanced YOU Right Now |
Pingback: ‘How Can Nothing Mean So Much?’ — Featured in Odyssey Magazine’s 40th Anniversary Special Edition (FREE)! |