Time to Take Your Life a Little Lighter
“It is bad to suppress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips.”
– Fred Allen
We could all use a laugh every now and then but we can’t all carry our Monty Python DVD box set with us to work or have our funny bone tickled by Trevor Noah YouTube clips when the main honcho isn’t looking. This being said, you can print out some tasteful quotes and stick them to your desk when you feel you need to take a quick chuckle break.
To have a good belly wobble has been proven to reduce stress and boost your feel good frequency. Point is, you’ve got to get in a decent laugh every hour or so (with a bit of luck) and that’s no laughing matter! Laughter is serious business — you’re health is at risk if you don’t have a good guffaw on a regular basis (tell that one to the boss!).
On That Note
I’ve selected a smorgasbord of funny life quotes that ring absolutely true but are delightfully dichotomous and just plain pant-wetting. You’ll see what I mean…enjoy:
- Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. — Margaret Mead
- Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. — Elbert Hubbard
- People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. — Isaac Asimov
- If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month. — Theodore Roosevelt
- I can resist everything except temptation. — Oscar Wilde
- I love mankind; it’s people I can’t stand. — Charles M. Schulz
- All generalizations are false, including this one. — Mark Twain
- It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. — Thomas Sowell
- Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? — Robin Williams
- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don’t have to sit on it. — Joyce Meyer
Hope you had a good giggle 😀
- Which one was your favorite?
- Do you have a favorite quote to add to the list? Please share in the comment box.
Cherie Roe Dirksen is a self-empowerment author, multi-media artist and musician from South Africa.
To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com. Get stuck into finding your passion, purpose and joy by downloading some of those books gratis when you click HERE.
Her ambition is to help you to connect with your innate gift of creativity and living the life you came here to experience by taking responsibility for your actions and becoming the co-creator of your reality. You can follow Cherie on Facebook (The Art of Empowerment — for article updates). She also has just recently launched her official art Facebook page (Cherie Roe Dirksen – for new art updates).
This article (10 Hilariously True Life Quotes That’ll Make You Chuckle) was originally written for and published by Conscious Life News and is published here under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author Cherie Roe Dirksen and ConsciousLifeNews.com. It may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this Copyright/Creative Commons statement.
Other articles you may enjoy: