“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” — Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll)
Go Easy on the Mundane
Life can be wonderful when you’re a dreamer. Life can be even more wonderful when you are a dreamer and a doer!
Nothing trips us up more that boredom or monotony. As the saying goes, ‘boring is as boring does’. But, lucky for us, we live in a world full of unmapped, unexplored and unchartered territory — both physically and metaphysically.
What a cause for celebration!
Ready For Expanded Thinking?
“After all, the word ‘impossible’ only really spells out ‘I’m Possible’.”
You’ve probably realized by now that you are the one creating your life experience by what you’re feeling and doing in this NOW moment. Your past does not define you but your present shapes your future.
If your life is not exciting you, you’re the one forgetting to inject the zest.
So why not start the day, as Lewis Carroll so aptly suggested, by thinking of 6 (even 1 will do!) impossible things you could do to explode the old and catalyze the new. After all, the word ‘impossible’ only really spells out ‘I’m Possible’.
Let me suggest some starting points:
- Start Small. Imagine something you want that you’re likely to be able to achieve today. This could be anything from doing that chore that’s been irritating you to exploring a new path whilst taking the dogs for a walk. Why is this going to help you? Because tackling household/garden jobs that you put off give you an immense sense of satisfaction when you finally do them — it incites you to do more tomorrow. Trying new things like taking a walk where you’ve never ventured before is breaking routine and while routine can be a good thing in some areas of your life it can also kill adventure.
- Think Big. Is there something you’ve always wanted to do but never got around to? Do you think you’re too old to play the piano? Or too overweight to water ski? Or maybe you think you’re too poor to travel? Think again! It’s those ‘I’m Possible’ dreams that light a fire under the derriere and bring back sensational living! Where there’s a will there’s a way, so start off by finding a picture of your desire and pin it to your vision board (you know, that thing you have up somewhere in your house to remind you of what you want to manifest. Don’t have one yet? There’s your other I’m Possible task!) and start taking action along with looking out for synchronicities (don’t know what that is? READ HERE). Impossible is sure to follow!
- Visualize. Like I said in point no. 2 — get your vision board started and watch the impossible happen! There’s nothing like walking into your office (or whatever room applies here) and seeing all those pretty pictures of things to keep aligning yourself to. We think we know what we want but, back in reality, there are so many thoughts coursing through our brain that we tend to ‘backseat’ our dreams in lieu of daily matters. Then we forget the things (big or small) that mean something to us. Don’t let your dreams escape you! Every time you think of something you would like to experience — pin it! I walked into a fabulous spa the other day and took one of their brochures. Why? Because even though I wasn’t in town to get a massage that day, it’s something I would love to experience — so, it’s now firmly pinned to my vision board. If I didn’t do that, I would’ve eventually disregarded wanting a sensational 2 hour treatment and would’ve also probably forgotten about the spa itself nevermind it’s location. Now I won’t ’cause I see it every day and smile when I think of going there for my special treat.
- A Pat on the Back. Stop every day to think of the wonderful things you have accomplished thus far in your life. We very seldom stop to let things sink in. It could be the fact that you raised an awesome child (it probably felt impossible when you first looked into his/her eyes as a newborn) or you finally conquered a fear and boarded a plane one day and went overseas for the first time (which may have sparked many other trips). Some things may seem old hat to some and incredible feats to others — don’t underestimate what you’ve accomplished. Even the little things shape our lives. Give yourself some kudos and then keep doing more impossible things!
Burn the Box! You’ve heard of thinking outside the box — which is the Impossible Club’s credo — but burning the box is more potent. In fact, the box never existed in the first place, Schrodinger! Stretch your mind to the infinite possibility of all realities in all directions of space and time. Try lucid dreaming and cruise the universe — let your impossible imagination run riot. The universe is expanding and creating the most beautiful work of art with all its nebulae, solar systems, whirling galaxies and neutron star collisions just to name a few. Expand your mind to take it all in and then apply it to your life. How can you be creatively expansive? How can you use your divine talents to smear this life experience with explosive colour, fizzing verve and sparkling tenacity? Baby, you’re a firework! Thanks Ms. Perry, how right you are.
- Rest. Doing relentlessly impossible things all day requires that you need a balance of good R&R. But don’t stop your imagination from thinking of impossible ways to relax. You can dream up a wild bath-time relaxation routine that involves submarines, rubber ducks and lavender oil or you could take some time out to shut those weary little eyes and have a night full of dreaming up new ways to be a super nova!
And remember — you’re the only one who can make the impossible possible.
“Door: Why it’s simply impassible! Alice: Why, don’t you mean impossible? Door: No, I do mean impassible. (chuckles) Nothing’s impossible!” — Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass (Lewis Carroll)
Other articles you may enjoy: