I get a lot of letters from readers frustratingly seeking advice on using the Law of Attraction to win the lottery.
I’m going to try to make it as clear as possible, in this article, as to why I think you are failing to procure the winning numbers.
For many, you tried using the techniques taught in books like ‘The Secret’ and ‘The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent’ — to name but a few — and have had relative success (meaning you may have managed to lasso your ‘parking angel’ or you manifested a great job).
But how have you done with the big things — like that elusive million bucks in the bank scenario?
What is Abundance — You Really Need to GET This!
The problem with all this new-found knowledge of the Law of Attraction is that it’s become a bit of a breeding ground for greed.
There’s nothing wrong with trying to live a comfortable, joyful life — don’t get me wrong — but just going straight for manifesting huge lumps of money is becoming a big problem and the sweat beads of frustration are pooling up on the collective forehead.
Abundance takes on many forms not just monetary wealth.
So, what exactly is it that you want to do with all this lottery money?
11:11, Lizzy’s Legs and… Bingo!
I’m going to help teach you, not how to pick winning numbers, but how to succeed at
LIFE’S lottery (for further reading, please invest in the book ‘The Power’ — it taught me a lot — from the same author as The Secret!)
Don’t hang up on me now — if you clicked on this article there is a curiosity in you to win big and I’m going to explain why you can but not in the way you may have been going about it.
The answer is actually quite simple.
Why — when you’re quite good at manifesting in general — can you not win the lottery? You’ve got to ask yourself:
- How many other people who are masters of the LOA (Law of Attraction) are trying to do the same thing?
- Are you prepared to wait your turn?
- Are you prepared to wait your turn even if it means you may only win in 20 years+ time?
- Do you believe that you will win 100%?
- Is your self talk, thoughts and actions all pointing towards winning the lottery or do you get bursts of highly negative, emotive feelings that cramp your style when someone else wins?
- Are you happy for that someone else when they win?
- Do you understand that when you are genuinely happy to see someone else succeed at what you want to do or gain sends out a burst of magnetic impulse that draws it to you even more?
- Do you understand that to do the opposite and curse and swear for not winning sends out more magnetic energy to attract losing into your sphere?
Now the questions above require that you answer as truthfully as you can.
But even more important is why I think you are fighting a potentially losing battle — you REALLY need to read this:
Tunnel Vision. When you ask to win the lottery you are picking only ONE path out of literally infinite paths to get you to where you want to be. Let me give you a metaphor: Say your friend tells you he is lonely and really wants a partner, someone to share his life with. You tell him about the LOA and he starts visualizing and affirming eagerly. A year down the line you ask him how it’s going and he replies that the LOA is a bunch of rubbish ‘cause he still hasn’t got his dream girl. He then goes on to tell you that he is in love with a married woman and he has been trying to manifest the perfect relationship with only her (he has selected only ONE path/channel amongst infinite possibilities). You can’t believe how much time he’s wasted! Why? Because you know that if he just asked for the ‘perfect partner’ and not one specific and almost impossible relationship he would be sitting right now with his love. Your friend isolated one option for himself and he may even get what he wants down the line — perhaps when he’s in his 80’s and this woman he has a fetish for is finally available — but do you think he’s prepared to wait that long? Do you think he should rather relinquish the ‘how’ and ‘who’ of his perfect partner and trust that the universe will take care of all the details? Same goes for the lottery.
- Multiple Channels for Success. The universe knows how to get you to your destination in the quickest way possible but if you hold on rigidly to only one way of getting there (aka winning the lottery) you are closing doors that would get you what you want quicker. So, you may indeed be manifesting a lottery win but it may take you 10, 20, 30 years+ to get there (like the above example of your friend finally being with the woman he loves in his geriatric years) because you’ve only selected that one channel. Chances are you’re going to get frustrated waiting for your win and your doubt will lead you down a path of negative and woeful thoughts which will kill any seed that is starting to take root. You may even abandon any hope that the LOA works in any way whatsoever and become a sad, lonely and poor skeptic. Imagine wanting to watch the movie ‘Gone With the Wind’ but you only select one channel to watch, wait and hope that it will screen. Wouldn’t you have much better success getting satellite TV and having 500 channels to scour in search of that movie? The one channel may indeed show the movie one day but it could be a long, long wait whereas the satellite option would probably play the movie within a few months.
- Scan for Limiting Beliefs. If you don’t believe 100% that what you’re trying to manifest is possible, it ain’t going to happen. It’s as simple as that. When you acquire smaller stuff through deliberate intent, such as receiving a chocolate or getting a phone call from an old friend you’ve lost contact with, it slowly and steadily builds your confidence in the LOA and your believability factor strengthens. But to go from manifesting a bunch of flowers to the lottery is slightly over-ambitious for the budding believer. Most people get frustrated and give up entirely not knowing that, even if you do believe 100%, it takes the 3 P’s to manifest what you want. Patience, persistence and positivity. Oh, and did I mention patience? Patience, patience, patience…I can’t stress it enough. It’s imperative, especially when you are asking for the big things — mountains sometimes have to move to get you what you want, so start being very joyful in your present moment. That’s the only way you are truly going to get through the patience part. Which leads me to…
- Be Here, in the NOW.
Everything only ever happens in this moment — the NOW (one of the most powerful books I’ve ever read on present moment awareness is Eckhart Tolle’s, The Power of Now. When you are comfortable and peaceful in your present you will be in a space that resonates joy and magnetically pulls great things into your life experience. It’s always good to be clear on what you want ‘cause it’s a real cracker to wake up to the realization that the world is your oyster and that it was just your perception that was out of alignment.
- What’s Best? Winning the lottery might not be in your best interest. Did you ever think of that? I believe we all come here with a purpose — it’s usually to create and grow. Cascades of cash can change people and it might just not be something that your over-soul wishes to experience. It might even set your personal growth back and make you a lax creator — this may be why you are receiving resistance in your personal arena. This does not mean that you must take a vow of poverty, it just means that you must assess what drives you to want so much cash. Whatever the reason is (because you don’t just want money – you want what money can buy) — hone in on that rather than the dosh.
Resetting Your Limitations
I know how discouraged some people feel because part of waking up to your innate power is that you should be able to manifest anything — even the sky is not the limit anymore.
Now while this may be true, every person has varying degrees of truth and beliefs that could restrict this infinite flow of possibility.
Your job is to crack your own code.
Don’t get frustrated seeing other people manifesting what you want, rather get inspired by it — use it as fuel for your own believability factor. We all have to mine through our limiting beliefs, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Make the journey pleasurable by delighting in synchronous markers (for more on the importance of synchronicity READ HERE) and other magical encounters your path may have.
Delighting in Desire and Not Self-Destructing!
Desires and making them happen can be wonderful but they can also drive us to the edge of insanity.
When your desire consumes you and it starts to define who you are (or, more importantly, who you are not yet) — whether you’ve been successful or not — you are teetering on rocky terrain.
It can be the cause of great unhappiness, especially when your desires are not met.
The key to leading a fulfilling life is to take great glee in all manifestations. To let go of how you are going to get what you want and experience enchantment in finding out just how the universe delivers your request. Because the chances are you’re going to meet some interesting people along the way and find yourself on a bit of an adventure and guess what? That’s life and it’s beautiful!
Take life as one amazing experience at a time. It’s up to you if you choose to see the experience as positive or negative.
Okay, now that we’ve gone through the finer points, let me get to the juiciest bit — how to win life’s lottery!
Here are the steps to living your life to the fullest.
- Get Very Clear — If it’s money you think you want then rather get clear on what you want to buy with the money — is it a house, a car, a holiday, a comfortable life? When you know what it is you are trying to achieve then create a vision board or something of the like and pin your aspirations where you can see them. Go ahead and affirm every day what you want and, most importantly, feel what it feels like to have it already (for more info on this I highly recommend you read ‘The Isaiah Effect’ by Gregg Braden).
- Make Joy a Priority — When you take the above step you open up infinite ways for the universe to bring you what you desire without narrowly trying to squeeze it into only one solution (aka the lottery). Your next step will be to blissfully enjoy every moment of realizing your goals — in other words, be happy now. What you assign this minute manifests in your tomorrows. So invest in your future by projecting joy now.
- Look for Synchronous Encounters — You’ve heard the saying that the journey is sometimes better than the destination, right? It’s true — every word. As I said before, become Alice in Wonderland searching for those synchronicities (or rabbit prints) that try to steer you towards even more joy. You’re going to get plenty of markers so watch out for them. They might come in the form of a dream that you live the next day or as silly as seeing a number repeating itself wherever you look. In my opinion, even the smallest synchronicities show us that we are pointing in the right direction.
- Thanks and Kudos— Gratitude is not only a magnet for success but it also puts things into perspective for you. Sometimes we get lost in all the fuzz of daily life and we forget how much we have and how much we’ve achieved already. Take time out to give thanks and acknowledgment for all that has manifested in your life so far.
Don’t be confined by constricting yourself to only one avenue or outlet (i.e. winning the lottery when there are many other ways available to manifest your dreams) — surrender to the universal flow and let it gently usher you with effortless ease along your way.
Other articles you may find interesting:
that when I’m not writing I’m painting? You can sample a taste of my portfolio below: