I have to laugh…whenever I write articles, my first step is to check that I’ve written a kick-ass title. When I typed this title ‘How to Create Opportunity‘ into my headline analyzer it scored 125%. I didn’t even know that was possible! Clearly the Universe wants you to hear this.
Why Do We Have More Opportunity Than Ever?
Here it goes:
I, all too often, hear the same stories of people wallowing in their lives because there is lack of opportunity to get them where they want to be. I’m afraid I don’t buy into that and here’s why:
- Never before in the history of civilization (Ancient Alien theorists may suggest otherwise but for the sake of the article, let’s soldier on) have we had something called the World Wide Web!
- Never before in the history of civilization (insert Ancient Alien disclaimer here too) have so many people been literally at our fingertips.
- Never before has the world been at our feet like it is today (again…insert Ancient Alien blurb here — BTW, I’m a complete Ancient Alien theory freak so I’m totally open to the idea that civilization has risen and fallen many times but — for the sake of this article — let’s say we’re treading new territory here).
Don’t Buy Into Lack
Don’t talk to me about lack of opportunity. The world is literally bulging with opportunities our fore-fathers couldn’t have dreamed about!
So, how do we create opportunity? The answer is simple (and you’re probably not going to like it, or maybe you’ll prove me wrong?).
You can make all the vision boards in the world, you can visualize your butt off, you can do mantras and meditations (and all of these things help exponentially) but it is meaningless if you do not TAKE ACTION. Creation itself implies action. No action, no creation.
Read related article: How to Turn Disappointment into Opportunity
What this DOES NOT mean:
- You try to control and force something to work
- You stop doing things like meditating, visualization and making vision boards
What this DOES mean:
- You get your derriere out the door and mingle with REAL people (there is NOTHING that gets you further than speaking and putting your feelers out there). You can meet like-minded people, people who may hold a piece of your puzzle or people who have ideas that you wouldn’t have thought of. Get out there and talk, you may even have some information that will help others. This life is all about us helping each other, right?
- When you do something like make a vision board or write down a set of goals — it’s important to stay in that energy and feel what it’s like to have that manifest now but it is just as imperative to let it go. You need to learn to ‘let in’ (things that are representative of your ‘joy’ frequency) and to ‘let go’ (things that don’t feel comfortable or are incompatible to your ‘joy’ frequency). When you let it go and don’t try to control the outcome, you allow the universe to get you there on the quickest slipstream.
- Meditate on opportunity, ask the universe for synchronicity and when you get it — take action! It may not come in the shape or form that you think, so keep those eyes peeled. Read related articles How Weird, Little Synchronicities Can Actually Be the Bomb! and Why Synchronicity Can Change Your Life.
- Search engines are a great tool to zip you about the globe. You can read up on what you want to achieve. You can see other peoples success stories or read tips and tricks on your given field — go take a look at Pinterest (if you haven’t ventured into the obscenely creative world of Pinterest, I suggest you set aside a good couple of hours and a flask of tea). Don’t forget that it is great to be inspired by others but don’t be a copy-cat — always be authentically YOU. Don’t be afraid of that, that’s where your true power is. Your dream requires WORK (but the nice kind of work). There are so many things I still want to try my hand at and I know it’s going to take strategy, dedication and some serious time-management with copious doses of patience but it doesn’t put me off.
And, because I want to see you succeed, I’m giving away free copies of my eBook ‘Creative Expression — How to find your inspiration…’ to all who click HERE (or on the pic to your right).
Other articles you may enjoy:
Click on the picture of the painting to your right to take you to my gallery. The original painting is still for sale (at the time of this article publication).
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Boxed Canvas
30″ x 30″ x 1.5″
$1800 (international shipping incl.)
You can now hear Cherie Roe Dirksen on Big Indie Giant radio as she reads out select articles on air.
She also gives weekly news headline updates taken directly from the Conscious Life News site, so be sure to tune in.
Cherie Roe Dirksen is a self-empowerment author/columnist/radio presenter, multi-media artist and musician from South Africa.
To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com. Get stuck into finding your passion, purpose and joy by downloading some of those books gratis when you click HERE.
Her ambition is to help you to connect with your innate gift of creativity and living the life you came here to experience by taking responsibility for your actions and becoming the co-creator of your reality. You can follow Cherie on Facebook(The Art of Empowerment — for article updates). She has an official art Facebook page (Cherie Roe Dirksen – for new art updates). You can also check out her Facebook band page at Templeton Universe.
Self-Empowerment Books by Cherie Roe Dirksen: