So, 2012 is here and we are about to enter one of the most anticipated years in history!
Are you feeling it? This year has a certain air of mystery, intrigue, excitement, anxiety, angst and nervous anticipation. What do we do? What can we do? Is there anything TO do?
The answer is an emphatic YES! You can take time out this year for yourself.
The Search to Reconnect with Your Inner Being
Inner reflection is the key to unlocking the authentic you. The you that is your core essence, buried deep down inside — past all the various layers you have accumulated over time and experience.
“If you make yourself a top priority, you will be strong enough to help others on their path.”
- Take time out to meditate, get in touch with the silence. Learn to be comfortable in silence.
- Take a fresh look at your diet and make sure to add lots of pure water, fruit and vegetables to it. Remember that you are what you eat. Do you feel heavy? Are you eating heavy starchy foods? Or too much meat? Get real about what you are putting into your unique temple.
- Treat your body to regular exercise. Do something that you enjoy. It is useless to commit to an exercise regime when you hate it. Play to your strengths. Do you like to take a walk in a forest or along a beach? Do you enjoy dancing? Find out what you like to do and fit it into a fitness routine. Cater to your needs and preferences.
- Take time out to be in nature — go to the beach, climb mountains, hike in fields or simply sit under a tree. Reconnect with the Earth — this is your home. Find the beauty that is on your doorstep.
- Get creative. Take time out to muck about. Get a hobby, rekindle your interest for photography or art. Give yourself time to explore a creative avenue.
- Play. Connect with the inner child every once in a while (preferably as much as you can). Play in sand, dance in the rain, laugh your head off — let your hair down and stop caring about what anyone thinks. What do you think? That’s all that matters.
- Eat lots of dark chocolate. I don’t know how important this step is but I thought it might round this list off nicely. However, it has been proven to release happy endorphins in your body, so a little shouldn’t hurt! Click here for an article on the positive effects of eating chocolate.
So, this new year make your resolutions about you and reconnecting to your divine self. Explore your inner depths and uncover your I AM presence. If you make yourself a top priority, you will be strong enough to help others on their path.
Be kind and compassionate towards yourself and you will then be able to find it easier to relate to others and to see the connection we all have with each other.
Separation is the Illusion, unity is our reality.
Butterflies and Hurricanes
This year may feel chaotic and turbulent but you can always transmute any energy to your advantage.
You can choose to be the butterfly, free and beautiful or you can get stuck in the hurricane of chaos and drama.
Choices map out our future. Make sure you choose from your heart. It is easy to get caught up in drama if you don’t remain grounded and coherent in your thinking patterns.
Detach from drama and be the still presence. Be compassionate and loving whilst remaining firm and grounded.
Happy New Year everybody!
My new book is due for release soon…