Getting in touch with your innate sense of well-being can be fun, inexpensive and easy.
Here is a list of things that life has to offer that are 100% free — no strings attached (except in the case of playing with kittens):
- Friendship — Connect with real people (not just social networking), make new connections and rekindle old relationships, if appropriate.
- A smile — Dish them out! You have nothing to lose. Pass them around.
- A heart-felt hug/embrace — It never goes astray, have you noticed? Making physical contact is extremely important for any living creature.
- A compliment — Be impeccable with your words, let only kind, well thought-out words roll off your tongue.
- Fresh air — Yes, it is free and beneficial. Be grateful for a deep breath of oxygen.
- Cloud spotting — This is preferably done on freshly mown, green, lush grass.
- Swimming — A swim in the ocean or a lake, or even a pool. The feeling of being weightless and carefree. Priceless!
- Humour — Share a good joke, get laughing — it’s the best medicine.
- Smelling — When was the last time you literally stopped to smell the roses? Use your senses wisely…
- Children — Watching a baby or a child/children play is one of the most uplifting past-times. It’s free and it usually puts a smile on your dial.
- Kittens — Have you ever watched a kitten or cat play with a piece of string? Another priceless activity that will get your heart-strings all in tune.
- Dogs — One of my favourite things to observe is witnessing a dog disembarking from a car to see he is at the beach! If you don’t have pets, go sit in the park and watch animals frolicking. Just remember joy is contagious — anyone’s or anything’s joy rubs off, did you know that?
- Mountains — There they are, just standing there looking pretty…go climb one! It’s an amazing feeling.
- Walking — Strolling through a meadow on a sunny spring morning, watching butterflies dance their way through the sky in front of you. When last did you do that?
- Napping — Having an afternoon nap in the sun or under the shade of a tree. Bliss! For anyone who’s been to South Africa, you would have noticed that people do this all the time — during lunch-breaks, coffee breaks, etc.
- Sand castles — Building a sandcastle is just terrific. Getting down and mucky in the sand. Free and liberating! Note to the beachless: sorry about that, perhaps it’s time to take a trip to the nearest coast or plan that next tropical holiday?
- Stomping — Once you’ve built the sand castle, jump on it and smash it into the ground. Do you remember doing that!?! Pure elation and freedom from attachment. Release the joy of your inner child.
- Music — Play your favourite songs and instantly lift your vibration!
- Be grateful — Make a list of all the things going right in your life and you’ll be surprised at just how well you are manifesting your existence.
- Creative Expression — The last FREE thing on my list is my book ‘Creative
Expression — How to find your inspiration…’ It is available on this site as a FREE download once you subscribe (subscription is also 100% FREE).
How freeing is it to know that there is so much to do that doesn’t come with a price tag attached?
Sometimes we need to concentrate on being in the now, focus on the little joys of life to squeeze the ultimate bliss out of every day.
What things do you like to get up to that are free and priceless? Please share your stories…
Here is a blog that you may find interesting:
How to find happiness without buying it
Help Others.org: On Passing Around Smiles… — A Kindness Story.